Living on First Hill has proven to be excellent for cultivating a peripatetic lifestyle. Everything is close and closer-than-expected! Today, we took advantage of the walking distance and visited the Seattle Art Museum, which has free admission on the first Thursday of any month.
A couple of my favorites:
It was a lovely afternoon.
In other news, I was nominated by the lovely Lauren Pickens for The Liebster Award, which is a fun community-spirit thing that helps people discover new blogs and highlight their own favorite ones. Lauren’s blog is awesome. You all should follow if you are into writers who eloquent articles on literature, media, and justice AND/OR gorgeous women who post tidbits on fashion and lifestyle. She is both!
If if a blogger is nominated and accepts the award they must follow these rules:
1. Answer ten questions given to you by the blogger that has nominated you.
2. Create ten questions of your own, and tag at least three more bloggers to answer the questions that you have compiled.
3. Link to the blogger that tagged you.
Here are the questions from Lauren, and my answers:
1. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
Gelato alla nocciola (hazelnut). Or coffee!
2. If you could have any clothing designer create a custom piece for you, who would it be?
3. What is your vacation spot?
Dear God, what a question! The place that’s had the most powerful impact on me: Rome, Italy, when I studied abroad there my sophomore year of college. The place I return to again and again: Taiwan, where I was born. The most Odysseic journey: road trips from Washington to California. Next on my travel agenda: To visit Europe (specifically Spain, Portugal, and France) during our Moroccan sabbatical. After that: anywhere, everywhere.
4. Do you have a favorite beauty brand? If so, what is it?
I don’t. I’m afraid I don’t know much about beauty products! Although I’m absolutely open to recommendations.
5. What was the last movie that you saw and hated?
It’s been a while. I don’t usually waste my time on movies unless I absolutely know that I will like it, which limits the chances of movie-hatred. The last one I saw in theaters was Frozen on Christmas night, which was pretty lovely. I think that the last one I actually watched all the way through and “hated” was James Cameron’s Avatar. Unoriginal, colonialist trash.
6. If you had the chance to have a private concert performed by any artist who would it be?
Of those who are alive, Esperanza Spalding!
7. When you were younger what did dream of being when you grew up?
I’ve always wanted to be a writer and a teacher. (“Always” meaning ever since I developed a concept of what careers were.) My conception of that has changed a lot: I no longer want to be a K-12 classroom teacher and I no longer want to be a world-famous novelist. But still, as always, writer and teacher.
8. Do you prefer rainy or sunny days?
I prefer cloudy, blue-ish grey, not-rainy, not sunny days.
9. Chocolate, or gummy candy?
10. What would be the setting of your dream date?
I have no idea. I’ve had plenty of dream dates and I have plenty more in my future. That’s good enough for me! (Also today’s SAM trip was a pretty nice date.)
My questions are:
1. What are you currently reading?
2. What makes you happy?
3. What angers you?
4. What are your favorite names?
5. What are your comfort foods?
6. What clothes do you feel the most “you” in?
7. What are some little things that brighten your day?
8. Who are your heroes?
9. If you could recommend anything—any book, movie, show, music, art, product, activity, etc—what would it be?
10. If you could ask yourself any question, what would it be, and what is the answer?
If anyone else would like to answer these too, I’d love to learn more about you! 😉 Have a wonderful day!